Monday 27 June 2011

butterfly shadows

butterfly shadows flutter before me
as the birds fly through thin air

i walk with beauty beside me
as i breath in and out with each step forward
i think of the future for my children
and how it might be

will all the land and resources be sucked dry
or will the land and resources be soaked to the core

will there be water or fire everywhere
or will the sun be shining at night and the moon by day

or will things remain as they are

where the rights of my blood remain buried for no one see


or will rights be recognized world wide

will we all still have two legs and and two arms

or will disfigurement be a norm
will the government still scheme to give us nothing

or will the government finally come clean
and do the right thing

will police brutality be alive and well
as they use their force to oppress 
will they still investigate each other
as they pretend that justice  is served

will foster care still take our hearts and souls and will to live
or will they find another way.

butterflys flutter around me
while birds are free

while the land owns me not the other way around


No comments:

Post a Comment